Originally Posted by RJS
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by RJS
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Not an air grabber car, but has the air cleaner with the neck cut down to fit under the hood of my '67 Barracuda convertible on top of the 440. Sanden compressor on Bouchillon brackets. And, yes that is a factory 383 air cleaner.

So is the thinking even with a Sanden Compressor that sometimes the airfilter has to be notched?

Ron

Ron , what car is that yellow one you posted in the original post, it has a sanden and the base does not look notched?

I think if you stay with the RV2 compressor and have to notch the base you are going to have potential ductwork interference.

hey John been a very long time how are you???

The yellow car is from the Classic Air site and yes I believe may not have to notch with Sandan Compressor.
My engine is a low-deck 400 but it has a RPM manifold so I will go with a 440 setup because it's lower but really am wondering if ductwork area will be problematic and can't/won't be able to modify that stuff.
I think you know me enough that the changeover under the hood is against my religion but have to have the AirGrabber to make this satellite like the first and have to have Cold A/C because I'm an old fart!!!

Ron

The low deck will gain you about 3/4" clearance to the hood, couple that with a Sanden compressor and you should clear the ductwork just fine. Also the RPM manifold will also help you clear the Sanden compressor.

I'm doing ok , just getting back to it after a long hiatus.

running up my post count some more .