Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
In this episode they are discussing the various intake manifolds for the early G3, and how the MP single plane is the absolute worst of the choices.
Their combo made under 400hp with some non-M1 dual plane.

Yet, Richard Holdener made over 440hp with that horrible M1 single plane on one of his tests on an early G3.

I’m thinking the early G3 sample used for this test was particularly weak, and isn’t an accurate representation of what would be a typical result.

Yep, it's season 7 episode 109. Kind of older at this point.

I'll take the bait and say I am pretty sure the goal of that goofy M1 was for crate engine use above all else, to be substantially less ugly than
the hideous truck intake (because the better performing and better looking LX/car intake did not yet exist at the time of the crate engine's creation).

Unfortunately that program seemed a bit rushed and was saddled with stuff like expensive prototype intake manifold suppliers, leading to
ridiculously high priced components. Later, several of us pushed for a stock LX engine crate motor instead, nobody listened, and years later
they finally did it but they waited until after most of us left the company.

I've owned a bunch of early 5.7s and one Eagle, I like them all, but I just use them as daily drivers and haulers, like I used to use 318 and 360 vehicles.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri