The car has an aerodynamic panel under it which makes seeing the underside of the engine compartment impossible without removing it. I’ve never tried as unlike my Challenger, they at least put access hatches in it to get at the oil plug and to get at the oil filter.
Originally Posted by wingman
I'm not familiar with the 2.4. Are we talking about an accessory serpentine belt, or is it the timing belt?

This is the accessory belt which is on the passenger side and blocked by several components such that you can’t even see it.
The engine has a timing chain so I shouldn’t have to worry about that.
I looked at several YouTube videos and replacing this 2.4 serpentine belt looks like a major pain. The air cleaner box must be removed and maybe the coolant reservoir also. The area between the pulleys, tensioner and frame or inner fender is very tight. And to add insult to injury both videos I saw they had to support the engine with a floor jack then remove the passenger side motor mount to get the new belt in and installed.
I thought I’d seen something a couple years ago instructing the tech to do this job from underneath and maybe that’s the trick, but I don’t find any mention of that now.
The reason I’m thinking about this now is I’ve got a coolant leak and scheduled to take it in next week to get that addressed. I’m not going to work on the car outside when it’s bitter cold and snowy, so taking it to a local trusted garage seemed the thing to do. I’m just thinking as long as it’s in maybe I should ask them about replacing the serpentine belt.
From what I’m seeing in those videos it’s not a job I’m eager to tackle myself in spring, and if they’d do it in around 1-1/2 to 2 hours maybe best to bite the bullet and get it done rather than forget about it until the belt snaps someday while I’m driving on the highway?