Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
JP8 -- Your car sounds awesome! Are you building it to follow any particular club's rules? I always advise to follow a club's rule book so that you don't end up being over or under modified for a racing class that you'll compete in.

I've recently installed 18x11 front and rear ET-Team-III mini-lite rims with Yokohama Advan AO52-series 295-30-18 200TW tires (may eventually run 315-30-18 tires) ... This is the first time running this setup for me... quite impressive and grips great on autocross courses (see MOPARTY 2021 event pics... lots of pics of my car on various pages and articles that further continue with more pics). The 200TW is the key factor in my choice (per class rules).

You will not regret the installation of the 1.24 TBs ... and you may even wonder if something stiffer is possible. BUT.. be certain to make the car a "package"... rear suspension needs to be stiffened; sway bars need to be selected; balance the 4-corners and re-align the steering; tires and PSI;. then re-learn driving the car... that will take some time at different events to eventually get mostly satisfied.

Good luck with the overall project!!! MOPOWER to ya!

NMCA Autox 200TW class. Like SCCA CAM-T but a little more liberal. I think CAM-T requires you to have stock suspension attachment points? In NMCA there is now restriction on suspension design or power adders. I'll check out the Advans.

Thanks

Instagram : @5_points_racing