Originally Posted by VL21
[

Real Florida Man types would not even think about coming out of their dens when the temp is below 70, THAT is a FACT! I saw many peoples down there with parka's zipped up to make them look like Kenny was about ready to be killed again... Santa4

This was the case for me, I barely ventured outside all day Saturday.

And I can understand the high dollar, show cars not wanting to unload in the weather we had, they likely spent considerable time fine tuning the details before coming south, prepping for the next several weeks of shows in this general area, I get that.

None of my stuff is nice enough (or done) that I would even consider trying to compete in a show. I am more of an out in the parking lot guy. I like to look around at the driver/in process stuff.

This week I will be at the horse show looking at the trailer queens, tho.

Oh, and I don't mind Don trying to make a buck, his property taxes and upkeep on his place aren't free, and at his age there isn't a whole of race winnings coming in ... no one is twisting my arm to go to the museum (worth the money, btw, to anyone who grew up looking at Hot Rod magazine and dreaming about the car life in far away places while snowed in, in Vermont) and IIRC the parking money went to Boy scouts or something and no admission fee to the show for clowns like me [/quote]

There was no implied question that everyone is allowed to make a buck, BUT, when you build a show over years, and then either run it off because you ain't getting enough, and that show moves nearby and is NOT into to make a buck above all else, and becomes successful on its own, and then because of hard times, one tries to compete with the other show, and that's likely because of not willing to swallow ones pride and reset their ego. My sympathy for Don ended when he allowed the show to move, he knew then he had yearly overhead.

But that's OK, it all about making a dollar for some, and just a hobby to enjoy for others, like I said.

Or we can just blame the weather. grin

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.