Originally Posted by 6PAX
The reason I asked is I'm in the process of putting my 69 Dart back together and it was a 2-speed/foot pump set-up. I want to keep the 2-speed wipers but I'd like to change it to the electric pump. Would I have to get a later model 2 speed wiper motor and dash switch to convert mine? I already have a washer fluid jar with an electric pump on it.

A friend I was helping on his resto with a 74 and foot pump washer wanted the same, and I replaced the switch from a 76 donor. Just run the extra wire from wiper switch throught bulkhead up to the pump. However being a 74 add on with a 76 piece is easy because the cluster is the same. Dunno on 69 which different cluster, if they are the same switch or fit the same from later models.

You could allways add an extra divorced push in button/switch somewhere on dash/cluster like B Bodies got from factory up to 70, to operate the washer. The power source could be taken from one of the wires at the switch itself to make it operative just when wipers are on, or from some accesories source around and will be operative even with wipers off.

The push in switch could be even foot operated like factory, installed on same foot pump bracket, using one of those big aftermarket generic horn switches

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela