Quote:

Quote:

so would you say that the market for the stock deck hight block is just not there(no matter what manufacturer)?

I'm lost on this , you do realize mopar made 2 deck height blocks ??? 10.725 raised deck , which is what the aftermarket mostly caters to , and the 9.980 low deck which you can get , but only in alum $$$ .

Make an affordable low deck in iron and you will sell them . The B1 setup is based on a low deck block , you have to run intake spacers to put them on an RB block ...

Maybe to the stock type builds. But to people who like 4.5 stroke cranks, and 4.5 inch bores, with plenty long rods (above 7") its not doable, well not "as" easy with a low deck block.

I would say that most people buying a aluminum block and racing are wanting large bores and large strokes. Cause generally speaking it doesn't add much if any to the build costs now days.
IMO
Not very many people want to give $4K for a cast iron block, that has to hurt sales. When you can pick up a phone and order a Indy Block maxx block with Low deck option for just a few more hundred dollars more.
Or buy a cast iron World block for $1500 less..Just my opinion, and this is exactly what I did in both cases.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]