Originally Posted by chargervert
Originally Posted by Transman
Looking for my engine and manual trans for 9A272901.

Engine believed to be in the Northeast U.S. in a 1970 Red GTX 4 speed with AirGrabber, black interior. Lived in Tennessee and Michigan before going to the NE.

The manual trans was last known to be in a 1968 Hemi RoadRunner, Metallic Bronze when sold by the owner around 1972 to a fellow that worked at the Chrysler Chelsea Proving Grounds.

I owned a red 70 GTX 440 4 speed air grabber car,with a black interior,but it had a 66 440 engine in the car! There can't be to many of them that fit the description!

Well in talking to people, if the owner of the car knows someone is looking for the engine or trans - he is either holding out for some reason, doesn’t want to go through the hassle of removing it, or thinks it may be stolen and he will get in some trouble. I have heard all kinds of stuff as of late.

All I would like to do is reunite the engine and trans with the car more for sentimental reasons. Car is never going to be sold so I don’t care about the “added value” of it being numbers matching.

Last edited by Transman; 07/11/21 10:08 AM.