JCC -- I have different setups in tires for different occasions, however, the one that matters most to me is is for when I'm running the car at a track event -- pylon AX or HPDER/HSAX. Street driving is minimal for me... I used to trailer it when I was running national SCCA AX events in the 80s-90s... took a ~10 year break (family) in the early 2000s and sold the trailer... back now driving to/from events... no problem... just avoid the pot holes and go slow over any train tracks. etc.

Adjust the tire PSI for street/hwy driving for a little better comfort... say, about 28-30 front and about 26-28 rear. Then, at the track events (AX or HPDE/HSAX), increase about 5-10 pounds and determine if any more or less is needed for competition throughout the day.

I've also played a lot with the adjustable red Konis... settled full-stiff front, ~2/3 stiff rear. Recently changed to QA1 double adjust fronts and have them set at 50/50... will play more as time allows.... then also will change to double-adjust rears.

Typically, most track events are smooth. A big concern I've learned is that the stiffer front TBs help deter lift and dive... both that is not wanted for better handling.

Don't forget to run stiffer and flatter rear leafs, as well as stiffer rear shocks.

Use the sway bars as tuning devices.. and play infinitely with the bushings to ultimately fine-tune the sway bars.

Be certain to have the weight balanced... diagonally should be 50/50 for best handling.

NOTE: Installing C-body hexes so to install larger TBs is an option, but I doubt if I'll ever go that route... my setup works great as-is. The driver and better tires are what's most needed for further improvement. Also, observing sanctioned club racing rules for allowable car modifications is a critical decision factor.

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 06/14/21 02:24 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!