Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by 5thAve
Krown, Rust Check or any other oil type rust proofing/undercoating is the way to go. Anything that hardens is going to make it worse.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you about Krown. I took two vehicles to a Krown in Sarnia, ON. a few years ago & had them do both. Seemed great going on & the stuff dripped for days - I thought great - penetrating stuff getting everywhere. Then 2 years later, the hood on one of the vehicles started rusting along the front seam & I had even sprayed extra along areas like this myself several times after (they gave me a few cans of the stuff). Next time the car was in the air, I checked out the undercarriage - there was no trace of Krown anywhere - it did not set up at all - it all rinsed off. Nothing to be found in nooks or crannies anywhere. Krown is not petroleum based, it's more like vegetable oil. It's useless. For rustproofing, if it's not petroleum based & toxic, it's useless.

I only included Krown because in some areas that's all that's available and it's better then nothing.If the truck doesn't see winter use it'll last a while.

That being said I don't go to Krown because there are better places locally to go to. You are supposed to get it re-done every year but other companies say that too and there is still signs of there stuff being there several years later.