I use a hand held Samsung 9 plus, nothing fancy, not looking for a full time job, no extra time on a computer with editing software.
It's hard to make real good money unless the topic is hot or you have someone that is real Hot looking.
Before you start filming, go look to see what is out there in that same topic and see what you can improve, you will need several thousand views and followers to start before they will look at your account and review it to see if they will make money on you.
You can have a niche and stick with 1 topic or do a little of each topic and see what gets the most hits,some will bomb and some will take off.
I don't push people and say "don't forget to Subscribe to my channel, push on the bottom button and you won't miss out on an up coming video on My channel and be the 1st to see it"
I can't stand that crap on videos that I watch, people will subscribe if they want, money is made on viewers that watch the videos from all the countries in the world, it's amazing.
I love the interaction with the viewers when questions are asked and when I get the thanks for helping them out.
I'm all over the place from cars to stoves to just what people might search for...take a look...Money is paid monthly to an account you set up if you pass the review.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkKSrJY9bGdW6ljyFrnEIw