Originally Posted by 67SATisfaction
Hey all..
Looking forward the the coming track season, hope you guys all have good ones..

Does anyone shave their tires to get them back to 'neutral', after they get worn on a bias - like after tracking on predominantly left turns.. Is this done? Is it recommended? Is it legal?

My situation is I have used my dedicated set of track tires for 5-6 track days and the right edges are wearing more than the left.
I have enough overall tread to get them back to 'neutral' wear by having them shaved.
... but I haven't heard of anyone doing it since I was in High School - a looong time ago, LOL.

- I have tweaked the front camber to get more even temperatures (and wear) across the tread.
- I don't believe there is anything I can do about the rear camber, rigid axle.
- I rotate my tires.
- I'm asking my local friends if they know of a shop that'll even do this sort of thing,

If the bottom line is to forget the shaving and just replace the tires, then I will do so, but I'm the sort to maximize useful life.
Thank you,
- Art

The problem with Mopar t-bar set-ups is that they are not as adjustable as one would like. Are they directional tires? Can you take any weight off the front end? How is your weight transfer. If you are braking heavy into the turns it is going to put extra stress on the tire.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!