Originally Posted by jbc426
I ran my RB locked out at 35*, and the motor loved it. It never hard started hot or exhibited detonation. I too wanted to add vacuum advance, and came across a relatively new distributor from Progressive Ignition that had a fully adjustable digital vacuum advance feature in terms of total added and at what vacuum. The rest of the distributor's timing adjustment was digital as well.

I now have the start timing set at 21, idle and total timing set at 35* and at high manifold vacuum it goes up to 42* with the addition of the vacuum advance.

I bought one and installed it last year. There is a small learning curve as far as set-up and dialing in, but it was quick and easy to learn, as I can see where the timing is in real time while driving the car around. Yes, I too follow the Four Seconds Flat method of hooking the advance to manifold vacuum.

Here's the link:

https://progressionignition.com/shop/ols/categories/chrysler

Those are really interesting and I believe you posted that before maybe last year. I’m interested in the durability of them since most anything electronic these days seems to fail easily. The features seem really cool on these.

I want my fair share