Originally Posted by BSB67
Originally Posted by BadFishy
Hi, why would the .060” be odd? Thanks.

The 2355 piston placed in an uncut block with std crank and rods is about 0.020" in the hole. I just dont see your block being about 0.040" taller than the typical production block, or any reason the rods are 0.040" too short.

Normal block milling to square up the block deck will put the 2235 piston between 0.005" to 0.015" below the deck.

Ahhhh, that is very good news! I think my engine man thinks I have the 2266 pistons, so that may explain it. It’s been about 15 years since he built the motor, and he was trying to go from memory. I used a borescope though and found the stampings on the piston heads that show the 2355 30 over. I have been reading various blogs and agree with you, so will get this info to him. I was thinking that maybe he had milled down the current 452 heads really far to help with the compression, but even if he did I won’t be using those anyway, so it doesn’t matter. Returning those 75cc heads. This info opens it back up to other head options, like 84cc, and I’m planning to order from Todd at Marsh Performance and his Sidewinders. I greatly appreciate your help and confirmation!

1971 Cuda, 440 custom-build