Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by migsBIG
Thank you everyone! The information I received here was incredible. I never would have though up all this stuff. Even though one car would be more of a 'cosmetic' thing, I am going to completely rethink what I really need in a cage and see what fits my needs. I am starting out with the worst possible car bodies with this build (burned b-bodies) but enjoy the challenge of something different. I'll see about checking out pre-bent cages, a professional fabricator that could adjust/modify the cage to accommodate my needs. I'm thinking of going to Chris Alston's Chassisworks and see what I could use for each car (they are a short drive for me). Skimping on safety was not my intention. Finding a way to come up with the extra cash is far more easier than the added materials/work required for the job. Thank you for your info everybody, I feel this has enlightened me to a better understanding to my needs for this build.

Burned? As in on fire? Bad? Not a good choice for so many reasons.

A professional is not going to use a kit. Most won't anyways. They prefer to do it their way. Kits are for guys who have some fabrication skills but no bending equipment.

Well, it will be lighter. Like I said, these will not be typical cars. One for track use, one for street strip. If worse case happens, I can always just move onto another shell.