Originally Posted by lostdog
I find myself in a situation of asking for something I don't know anything about, which I try to avoid. But it looks like it's complicated with different deck heights, lifter angles, cooling and oiling is different - and I don't' know what else. I had no idea and was just thinking it was a stouter version of the LA. I'll take any advice I can get, but maybe a cross drilled main cap LA engine would work fine. I understand pay- to- play but at this stage in my life if it's too complicated I'll lose interest. This is not an engine I will beat on pass after pass at the track but maybe a few "street outlaw" kinda races but mostly it will be street driven and in a '70 Duster

Aftermarket blocks for the SB Mopar is a complete minefield for the uninformed. You'll need to educate yourself and even then you might get stuck with a worthless block. For your application you should just find an early 360 block. Many of the early 360 blocks had extra thick cylinder walls. I sold a couple of early 360 blocks that were over 0.200 thick in the walls.