Sorry for the dumb question, but I have no working gas gauge, so am just pulling at straws here. I started up my Coronet today in storage and it was running fine for a few minutes. Then it began gasping for fuel and died. Fired it up one more time and it ran for a few seconds and died again. Then, it wouldn't fire up again.

By my estimation, I thought I still had around 5 gallons of gas in the tank (again, no working gas gauge! arrgh!). I checked the float bowl (Holley) through the site screw and it looked empty and no fuel came out of the squirters when I moved the accelerator linkage.

I couldn't hear any gas swishing when I bounced the rearend of the car with the cap off, but when I ran a small clear hose into the tank it did come back with some fuel.

Now, I know this means I probably either have a bad fuel pump - which is only a few months old (couldn't test today since it was just me there) or that I have gas in the tank, but not enough to get picked up?? Is the latter even a possibility? Can you have say a few gallons in the tank but the pickup isn't getting it?

Thanks for any and all suggestions. And sorry for the kinda dumb question!!