Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Originally Posted by 62maxwgn
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
Imrare, just pointing out the taper is wrong where the needle seats, I doubt the holley tech guy knew that, anyway just trying to establish a baseline of design specs for both the 340-440 setups, so guys don't keep buying parts that they do not need.

iagree

I have talked Holley techs over the years and some didn't have a clue what I was talking about.On the needles,incorrect on left,main metering block screw used primarily on 71 and later plus current production,middle correct end base screw,no variation since initial production,right
main metering block screw that has been tapered,you can make your own if you have a drill press.

Thanks for the needle pic, saved me digging thru my junk. Holley techs did not know the different styles in the the 80s, they would not, or could not give me any measurments, just sell the new parts.

Also,here are the jetable plates you can get without paying the price for billet plates that you are not going to see.

That's great info 62maxwg. would you have brand and part number on hand. thanks in advance.