Originally Posted by DaveRS23
That is some significant damage. And as you pull it apart, more will likely show up. Usually, in this kind of situation, if you can do a lot of the work yourself and really, really want to keep the car, then buying it back can work. But if the car has a lot of miles, or if you have to hire too much of the work out, or if there is heavy underlying damage, etc, then it might be best to let it go. Only you can make that call. Just make sure that you understand the full extent of the damage.

Given it's age, there are a lot of those cars in the wrecking yards. But the majority of them are hit in the front, so front end pieces are the scarcest. And in case you didn't already know, sticking replacement parts on is the easy part. Getting the pieces to fit right and get the gaps right (or just acceptable) is the tough part. There will be all kinds of things that won't line up right. And in the end, although you may get it back on the road, it may never be the car it was and you just might not be happy with it.

Nice summary, and that is pretty much the conclusion we'd reached.The General has already gone to a dismantler up in the North Bay, so someone might end-up with a score or a headache, depending on what their plan is for the car.

Funny, but after her talking about possibly wanting a truck (bigger, safer), another Challenger, and even an EV ("cute," no gas bill), my wife asked me today about what it would take to get the 'Bee out of storage and put it back on the road so that she could drive it? She has a really short commute, and it would check the classic Mopar muscle-car block for her (and me)... I'd pretty much shelved this car the last few years after I stopped working to care for my parents. Since they've both now passed, it might be time to get moving on this one again.

IMG_0259.JPG