Originally Posted by jwb123
I will tell you what I use now. I bought an ultrasonic cleaner from ebay, and I use a solution of water, aluminum wheel cleaner and purple power cleaner. 15 minutes and the carb is as clean as it is going to get. Rinse it in water, and blow dry. No stink, and it seems to clean very well. The ultrasoni cleaner is also great for small parts like bolts, rocker arms, rods, etc. The only issue with carbs is, that if you leave a carb in too long, it can lossen the lead plugs in a carb, so don't over do it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLSTAR-PERFORMANCE-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Small-1-Gallon-Capacity-ALL10640/233489618516?hash=item365d10d654:g:aMkAAOSwdnNePwqt

This is what I am about to do for our shop. We are looking at trying to find the right size (and quality) ultrasonic cleaner for fasteners and carbs. Thought about buying a tumbler as well, to provide a nice finish on nuts and bolts and fasteners after ultrasonic cleaning.

68 Cuda Notchback [Email]10.86@120[/Email] 69 Charger R/T 440/505 2009 Challenger SRT8