Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by 71GTX471
Cudaman its foolish not flush & bleed your brakes,It takes so little & the gaines are huge.

Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Maybe I’m missing something but how can fluid become dirty, contaminated and have moisture if the system is closed? Now if you have a line brake then I say maybe.

Brake fluid is highly hygroscopic moisture gets in regardless through the M/C lid seal & caliper/wheel cyl.seals the fluid becomes discolored & rust forms,the pedel feel can be night & day after flushing,try it I dare U.

So when you say “pedal feel” you’re saying water can be compressed but brake fluid can’t? Or that the water and fluid will combine to make it feel bad? Or water is heavier and will go to the lowest line and rust it through (if it sets for a long period of time)? Or maybe if the fluid still moves around it won’t rust but the discoloring gives you the impression its no good? Kinda like rotating my cans of soup in the pantry to keep them fresh. Like I said, never in the 55 years of messing with cars have I ever changed fluid and my brakes have always worked very fine. Like washing lug nuts, useless
40+ cars through the years

If not flushing works for you, carry on carrying on. But I will not follow your example nor do I recommend it to others. YMMV.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)