The situation:
My daughter backed into my Challenger late last week. See pictures. Struggling on what to do. Daughter is 22, on our insurance, and a college student with one semester to go. No tickets, no prior accidents. Her vehicle has liability only. My car has full coverage. Insurance company is State Farm which has homeowners and cars. The last insurance claim I had was about 8 to 10 years ago for hail damage on the house roof. Different insurer at the time. I carry $1000 deductible for the lower premiums and have been money ahead over the years doing so.

The damage:
Two conventional estimates for repairs are $1500 & $1600. Both indicate fixing fender with spot color repair and full new clear coat on fender. Repair door and full color and clear on door. One paint-less estimate is $2500 which I like the idea of due to my fears of paint mismatch and getting worse over time. And the benefit of zero body filler / bondo. I plan to keep this car for a very long time.

The dilemma:
Do I submit it to insurance and roll the dice on what it will do to my rates? Or potentially more importantly what it may do to my daughters rates, as she will soon be on her own and having to pay the rates? Or just cover the $500 to $600 extra it will cost me and get it fixed via conventional means. If I go with paint-less the bill is going to be much harder to swallow, but it won't break me. Not a fan of spending what I don't have to / miser / cheep bastag. If it were yours, what would you do?

For those who've had recent experience or in the know please opine.

DAMAGE-1.jpgDAMAGE-2.jpg

2012 Challenger SRT
2012 Charger SXT AWD
69 Charger R/T
78 Chrysler New Yorker 440CI
89 Dodge Daytona ES 2.5L Turbo
99 Ram 2500 4X4 5.9L6