Originally Posted by cdstl
My DS brake caliper has been dragging for a while. Another problem was that the pads were only contacting on the inside of the rotors on both sides. So I threw parts at it.

All new steel lines from Inline Tube, I also replaced the 3 rubber lines as well. The calipers got a rebuild kit thrown at them as well, they were really tight. I did pull the prop valve apart and blasted some cleaner through it. It seems to be ok as all of the O rings and seals were in good shape. I have had it apart before, and I replaced one of the big O rings.

I used the Motive Products pressure brake bleeder with the plate. It seems to have done a good job but the plate has to be really tight on the master cylinder. I'm going to have my son come over and we'll do a bleed check via the "pump the pedal 3 times and crack the bleeder".

After stepping on the pedal a few times, the DS caliper is still tighter than the PS caliper when I release the brake pedal. The only part that didn't get "rebuilt" is the prop valve. I have yet to crack the bleeder on the DS to see if the rotor will spin more freely. I'm going to wait until my son gets here.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you sure both are not dragging just a little? I had a new bendix master cylinder do that on a 72 cuda, turns out the compensating port, they said, for the front piston was drilled wrong, allowing a slight drag. Could have veen the wrong residual valve, who knows. I had the original rebuilt and it is fine. The bad batch of masters had a cap that was not the same as the original, slightly smaller. If you let the car sit the calipers would release after an hour or so, as the engine warmed up they would slightly drag. I would go drive the your car then feel the wheels. I took the line lock off figured it was going bad chasing that one down, real pain in the rear to diagnose when everything is new.