Originally Posted by Morty426
Originally Posted by migsBIG
Originally Posted by Neil

Thank you for the link. Since there are no specific dates on there, looks like 1970-1973’ish rims look to be very similar or even the same rim with just different part number, if that is the case, then I can probably find cores to work with. I would like to have correct looking, but does not need to be perfect originals for it. Though Tony would make dates and part numbers, I would want larger rims sizes like 15X8 and possibly larger for the rear. This info makes it easier to decide, hopefully I can source something that looks right for the car. Thanks again for the info and link. I miss old (I think his name was Frank or Dick) from Stockton Wheel. Before his tragic end, he was the local guy to have wheels made and customized and was super affordable. His family took over, but not sure how the quality is since his passing. Will have check them out and see how the work. Also, maybe there could be some 14’s rims that could be used as cores if everything look close in appearance.

Migs

The 72 wheel looks NOTHING like a 70-71 450 wheel.

The 72 wheel is 15 x 6.5 and uses a 15" center so the drop to reach the wheel spider (center section) is smaller. There are three nubs to hold on the center cap.

The 70-71 450 wheel is 15 x 7 with a 14" center

If you don't care about the nubs being 3 or 4 because the are going to be covered by a center cap then I would look for B100, D100 and W100. Various years would work.

Then take them to Stockton Wheel. I've used them recently and I have born happy every time. They are getting a little pricey but quality looks good.

M426

That is totally false information, the 72 wheel is just like a 70-71 450 wheel sans the 070 p/n and is also 15x 7. I can't speak after 72 and haven't.
Ron

Last edited by RJS; 11/17/19 04:52 PM.