Looking at your valve body, you have the part throttle kickdown (PTK) module attached. It is a small casting piggy backed to the side of the valve body opposite side of the gear selector/manual valve. The Cheetah RMVB should not have that PTK attached. Look at the Turbo Action website under instructions and look for 17156 Upper Valve Body Assembly. You would need 3 short screws to delete the PTK module.

Of course check the Turbo Action model number on the valve body top plate 4 or 6 screws. Should be etched in: 17156-XXAAAA, XX is the year and AAAA is the serial # extension. If you don't have a 17156, verify the number on the website and/or call Paul Forte at TA.

Also, I would carefully check your clutch clearances upon reassembly. Direct clutches should be around 0.015" per friction disc. 4 clutches would need about 0.060" clearance and 5 would need 0.075". The forward clutches should be about 0.028" - 0.035" MAX total. I use the RAYBESTOS TAN waffle clutches in the direct and grayish RAYBESTOS clutches in the forward drum. No Kolene steels.

I would recommend a 2 spring front servo with a 4.2 band lever. Red solid backed kickdown band, not Kevlar. As mentioned before, double check your reaction shaft support sealing rings. Teflon are best. Also replace the drum bushing and check for wear in the drum sealing ring area. I would use 12 springs in the direct drum. Remove the accumulator spring if present and install a 1/2" diameter blocker rod with an approximate length of 2.95". Check to make sure the valve body will sit flush. If not, trim the blocker rod slightly until VB sits flush.

Set gear train and input shaft end play to the lower end specs. Also, Use a selective FLAT snap ring in both drums for setting clearance. Set the front band lever using an old over-running clutch roller (5/16" diameter) like setting mechanical rocker valve lash.

If you have any further questions, e-mail or PM. Glad to help.

John