Originally Posted by Butterscotch71
Did you guys actually read the post before dumping on it? The OP is asking about a COMBINATION of satin and gloss. How is this "played out" since many mopars had black hood treatment from the factory that wasn't gloss???

Yes this is exactly what I meant. I guess had my image shown up in the post rather than a link....

I'm all for satin black (not flat) for hood and stripe treatment, as far as looks go, but I'm just worried about the care. I've heard this finish is hell when it comes to bird crap on it...like get it off NOW. But I'm also wondering about waxing/cleaning. Obviously you have to avoid the old paste wax, that obviously is just swirl-cloud-city. Meguiars told me to use one of the spray wipe on waxes that lasts only about 2-3 weeks on satin finish. Is that all there is to it? And traditional sponges for washing, well since you can't repair light swirl marks in satin like a regular gloss clear coat, microfiber cloths then? Do they make a satin clear coat for these paints?

Answers to those questions are what I was after, not if satin is cool or passe. Since so many Mopars came with these flat or satin combo finishes...how to you take care of it above a solid gloss painted car?

One last thing, what type of paint(s) are most popular for the satin black? I've been hearing a few commenting on "hot rod black".

Thanks!

Last edited by VSTwister; 08/28/19 10:09 AM.

Troy
F.K.A. tml1138
1971 Plymouth Valiant Scamp - original FC7 318 car (Project "Valiant with a Twist")
2004 Dodge Dakota Sport V8 5spd