Originally Posted by RATTRAP
Originally Posted by cdwmotorsports
Originally Posted by AndyF
You must have something set up wrong. Even a 50 amp alternator can keep up with that stuff on a drag car. If it is a street car then it should also be fine unless you are just sitting in traffic for long periods of time. The fans should shut off as soon as you are moving. If you are running the fans full blast while you're driving down the road then that is your problem. If you have the fans shut off while moving then you have a different issue, maybe a weak battery or poor wiring.

Called PowerMaster they say this isn't enough alternator and they don't make a big enough one for what I'm running. shruggy

Install a relay switch and go straight to the battery for the fans, Then your switch in the car for the electric fans are just an on/off switch.

Why would I want that?

I drive it on the street and the last thing I want is to forget to turn the fans on. It is wired the way it is because that's how I want it. I appreciate your suggestion but I'm not changing it.

I also don't believe that's going to solve the alternator output issue I'm having.

Last edited by cdwmotorsports; 08/21/19 12:20 PM.

eBay-cdwmotorsports