Originally Posted by Transman
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
It all just depends on how much work the OP wants to go to and how much of the previous fluid he wants to get out. Heck, if he pulls and disassembles the tranny, he will probably get even more out.

We have had the opportunity to flush a number of trannies over the years that had ingested water. And I can tell you from experience that if you drain the tranny through the cooler lines and then refill with fresh fluid and run for several minutes, then drain again, after a number of times you will get the tranny flushed to the point that you can then pull the pan and finish the job. Frankly, I don't know of a better or easier way to completely flush a tranny short of pulling it and disassembling it. You certainly will get more of the previous fluid out than you would by dropping the valve body. But to each his own.

Either way, all this is probably way overkill for what the OP wants to accomplish.

Your first sentence - correct.

Second - wrong.

Third - agreed.

Tman
Yes or No OK to mix standard with synthetic fluid? Any advantage to "refill" with synthetic/standard mix?

Jack

K.I.S.S.