Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Transman
I’d pull the pan and see how it looks inside.

If the front band is the one that debonded and the drum is ok you could pull the valve body, replace the band and replace the governor solenoid and transducer.

You may get lucky and get you through the summer until you can do a rebuild.

If the water damaged the front band no telling how long the discs and other band will last.

How do you replace the band without pulling the pump? Because I've tried before and never could do it.

I did it years ago in a GM or Ford auto trans as it was long ago. At that time I worked at an independent shop and they wanted me to just pop a band in it which I normally would not do as I would want to tear the trans down and check it all out. But the shop I worked at got a two-piece slip-in band. I had to cut the old band with metal cutters and then slip the new band in which had a removable end so it would fit in and then the one end could be put on and installed. I did not care for that type of band but that's what they wanted. Never tried one on a Mopar but I guess it could be done with the two piece slip-in band. Course you would have to drop the valve body. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/07/19 09:05 PM.