Hey all

My 37 D5 came with an LT1 and 6 speed trans already installed. Not my choice of power plant but it is what it is.

I just picked up a well running slant 6/904 combo which was plucked from a 67 Coronet for free! (well a bottle of rum actually. Love the barter system) Also got the driveshaft and rear end as well thrown in!

The LTI actually fits pretty well in the coupe, but I wanna prep the slant 6/904 to eventually install it in place of the chev stuff.

This is my first exposure to the slant 6. Will there be any fitment issues that I should be aware of. Haven't really sized the /6 up very well yet, as it is still sitting in the back of my truck while I am working 350 km offshore. JUST picked it up. The front of the car is fairly narrow as you know, but like I said the LT1 fits in there pretty good. I'm wondering if the sheet metal is wide enough to accommodate the "lean" of the /6.

I know that a small block might be more practical, but I'm just wanting something simple and different that fits well and is dead nuts reliable in the long run. And the price was certainly right. Not looking for a ton of power either. Not a priority anymore.

Thanks
Codfish