Originally Posted By dusterguy
The original plan was to use the origins wiring and steering column from the 86 but the truck had the Lean-burn type ignition and the wiring was brittle and cracked with a lot of bare spots.

As Garrison Keillor said in a fictional town News from Lake Wobegon, "it's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota," and it is also a quiet day here in Resume Speed, British Columbia (not quite so fictional) so I'm going to bore you with more then you want / need to know.

Just so it looks like I know what I'm talking about (don't fall for it, its a trick) the two pictures are of previous projects. I usually wire from scratch rather then use a kit.

I am also doing the engine / front frame transplant (1992 Dakota) but in my case it's a '56 Plymouth 2 door wagon. I have decided to use all the original Dakota wiring harness from one end to the other, partly in probably a futile attempt to trick the fuel injection computer into thinking it is still a Dakota. Yes, some of the wires are crappy but can be replaces or cleaned up and re-wrapped etc. and rather then eliminating the ones that I don't need, I am leaving them all until AFTER I get it running (?) and then eliminate some if necessary. Please consider using the old harrnes and then modifiy it? Good luck.