Originally Posted By second 70
I agree a lot to learn. I have a hemi water block with wedge mounts. 2468330 M MCF block cast #6K29 top pad is stamped HW1194. Whats confusing is I don't believe you could get a siamese hemi block with wedge mounts so why would they have them? The siamese blocks are a total different casting than a water block. They have Mopar cast on the side where the water block doesn't.

Wedge and Hemi use a common casting. All of them came out of the mold with wedge and hemi mounts cast in, and then the wedge mounts were chopped off for dedicated hemi applications + the hemi motor mount pad was drilled for hemi mounts + the other differences are also machined in.

This is true of all 3...the old water block, the old siamese megablock, and the newer so-called World block. They were all cast with both types of mounts, then final machining took care of the rest.

Likewise, the wedge versions will have some of the unique hemi motor mount pad but it won't be finish drilled and tapped (unless somebody smoked their lunch that day). World Wedge had a portion of the hemi mount chopped off on one side (if I remember correctly the left side) in machining but hemi artifacts are clearly visible.