All -- there is no gasket better than its installation! Regardless of material:

1. Make certain mating surfaces are straight and flat; stamped steel tends to become distorted, so, re-flatten or replace. Cast aluminum tends to remain flatter and is preferred when that option exits.

2. Check the cyl head gasket surface -- some casting flash may exist and needs to be smoothed flat.

3. Clean the threadings -- eliminate friction of dirt (nuts, bolts, studs, etc).

4. Follow proper torque specs -- do NOT over-tighten!

5. Do NOT use RTV silicone on the gaskets as it only acts as a lubricant to allow the gasket top slip out of position! IF nthe gasket has installation tabs that can fit into the cover, that is what holds and positions the gasket to the cover. If no tabs, a quick-drying contact cement can be used (NOT RTV).

6. The gasket does the sealing, not any chemical.

There are hi-temp options of material to resist the extreme heat of the hi-rise exhaust manifolds... see the Fel-Pro catalog.

I worked as an aftermarket engineer with Fel-Pro for nearly 30 years and I know all the stories and issues. Read the directions -- I wrote them.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!