[ twocents quote=qwkmopardan]I have pulled hi-tech modern dual pattern roller cams out of engines and went faster with 70s engineered racer brown flat tappets. All this so-called modern technology is just marketing to increase profits. [/quote]Me thinks your wrong on that tsk
Maybe you need a different brand of solid roller cams, I bought and used a bunch of Racer Browns flat tappet solid lifter cams in the late 1960 and early 1970 when he and Ed where still alive and running the business, once I switch to Cam Dynamics and later to Comp Cams solid flat tappet cams and then later to Comps solid Roller cams my race cars and my customers cars went faster and quicker up
But we did need to use a lot stiffer set of valve springs, matching keepers and retainers and better push rod to get the motors to RPM properly with the roller cams to work well work shruggy
What really surprised me was that the same roller cam specs at .050 compared to the identical flat tappet spec cams would fit in the motors better with out having to cut deeper valve reliefs in the old TRW/Speed Pro high compression race pistons we used back then on SB, BB and Hemi motors boogie
Those modern lobes where way better at making power than the old flat tappet lobes Racer designed and ground, especially the ones he designed and sold to Mopar for the Purple Shaft street program shruggy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)