There are so many choices these days that I don't think there is a universal answer.

For instance, I'd never consider putting a MP brake kit on any car I worked on but I tend to work on stuff where the owner is going to take the car to regular track days. For those customers we only use Brembo calipers, typically Porsche or Viper setups. I tend to install 13 inch kits with aluminum hubs and custom wheels. But that kind of stuff costs about $2000 per axle.

On the other hand, low end kits like the MP and SST stuff are the perfect solution for daily drivers, especially if the owners aren't very handy and don't want to slog thru wrecking yards looking for 11.75 setups.

There is also a whole universe of guys who are handy with a wrench but don't have a lot of money and for those folks the factory 11.75 conversion is a super deal.

And of course, the drag race guys prefer lightweight brakes since they only stop once every hour or so. So they have a bunch of choices from Wilwood, Aerospace, etc to pick from.