I agree with all of that Mattax. In fact most older GM and Fords (1971 and back)used the resistance wire as you described in the wire harness and not the ballast type like Mopar. But all the resister wires I have read about say they are not temp sensitive like the Mopar ballast resister which cools at higher rpm since the dwell is less with the dist turning faster so it will have a stronger spark at high rpm since it has less time for dwell and the coil to saturate at higher rpm. I like that idea but as far as I know none of the ones with the resister wire in the harness change resistance by temp like Mopars do. Most techs I worked with over the years dont even know the older GM and Fords used a resistance wire in the harness. But they should know something about it since both Ford and GM use a resister bypass when cranking from the starter solenoid that sends the 12 volts to the coil. I always wondered to myself how hot the resister wire in the wire harness gets as I have never tried to get to the wire harness and check it with the eng running. I actually worked for Ford dealers from 1974 to 1980 as their Dura Spark electronic ign came out while I worked at a Ford dealer. I was also at the Ford dealer when the pain in the butt Variable Venturi carb came out. Ron