Originally Posted By ProSport
Monte I couldn't believe you guys finally hooked and then lost by a thousandth lol, tough weekend. Henderson had him beat to the 60 and the 330. Looked good on that pass.
The car just won't work anymore. We have more motor than car. The stockish stuff in the rear just won't cut it anymore. I can make the car go down the track every time, it's just not fast enough. The window between being slow, knocking the tire off, or trying to stand up is tiny. The .31 pass against Pooch was a junk pass really. It was slow in 60ft(1.09) was borderline of having front too high, even with the power moved WAY out. I KNOW what to do to make it 60ft 1.06, but it goes out and pushes the front up. I KNOW what to do to make it sixty foot 1.10 and run low .30s or high .20s like it did against Pooch, but that won't get it done. All the knocked off tire passes were attempts to find SOMETHING it would like. It likes NOTHING......LOL!!!

We actually had Rick Jones come over and look at the car. It's next stop is likely going to be at Quarter-Max to have the back half done. It's a REALLY good car from the main hoop forward and Rick agreed with that, but the back half has got to be redone. Rick also agreed it's just not working right now. The setup and nose weight it has, just shouldn't be required to make a decent pass

It went 174 on that pass with a mild setup just to get it down. We have easy teen power, just need a better car. This is the same car that we were "first in the 4s" for a nitrous car. We have hit several plateaus where it became obvious the car needed some work.....this is just the next one. But like I told Chad, this is pretty much the last one. After this, the car is only a longer wheelbase, struts and a swoopy nose from being a full on Pro-Mod.

With the setup I have, nearly a 1/2 inch of rear steer, he should be fighting the car going right. Instead it is STILL slightly driving left. I have never had to do that before, so SOMETHING is moving in the car and getting worse. Personally I think it is trying to rip the top bars out of it and is flexing all that structure

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 02/22/17 04:23 PM.