OK explain this--you put the old McCandless .650 solid in a 440--it usually goes in straight up depending on timing set used in the 110-112 range using centerline method--like that it won't pull a greasy string out of a dead cats azz--you advance it to about 101 centerline method and it will yank the slober out of your mouth. ( I put it at about 104-105 in a 500 in for same effect) This is all based on old iron heads ported until the grinder blew up--and seems to remain the same with good heads including Indys etc
FWIW I always had best results in bracket small blocks using iron heads with a 106 in at around 102-103 for 1/8th --no matter what that seemed to always work the best -- I "inherited" a footlocker full of small block cams from Herb one time--it was years worth of testing centerlines--there were cams with 98-108 and most were 101-105 range have to remember these were probably used in 4 speeds leaving on the wood with tunnel rams and shifting right before the rods exited so.....
school me smart boys