Quote:

Just to be clear then...the fenders being roled on T/A's and Challengers with 15" wheels doesn't affect the way the wheel trim screws on right. My replacement fenders on my dad's car have the lip rolled at the top. I just want to make sure I won't have problems installing the trim once I get the car back from paint.

Back in '80 I took my T/A in to a body shop to have some rust repair, including telling them to replace the fenders with "15 inch" fenders as I had heard T/A's got them. They were only able to get the driver's side one new from Chrysler then. So that is what was on my car for several decades until its ground up and ongoing restoration was started. Anyhow, I added my wheel well trim soon after getting the car back back then and had no problems installing the trim on my 15" fender.
In the late 90's when I started researching and gathering parts for my restoration, I realized that my 15" fender installed in '80 was actually a '71 fender. I did a lot of looking into the "15" fender issue pertaining to T/A's including looking at a lot of T/A's that still had original fenders (and my passenger side which I believe is original, and was sandblasted and patched in '80 since a "15" I thought was correct wasn't available from ma Mopar then). I have never seen any fenders with lips rolled like that new '71 fender purchased years ago. In fact I never found any original T/A's with fenders that looked different than any other '70 Challenger, with the exception of the lack of antenna hole on the T/A passenger side fenders. So I ended up tracking down a couple rust free standard '70 Challenger fenders for my project and feel they are correct for my car.
A friend out west with a beautiful '70 hemi Challenger has told me his car doesn't have rolled lip front fenders either?!
I do have a crash part listing that actually has 3 pairs of numbers for '70 Challenger fenders, standard, hemi, and T/A. So the mystery continues.
My NOS takeoff drivers side 15" fender has been stashed away in my utility room for several years now if anyone is looking for one. Predrilled for the wheelwell trim even.