Originally Posted By Jeremiah
Originally Posted By madscientist
McLeod sof-loc of if you can get the new piece from Cale Aronson through ACE I would use that. All that dual disc dual friction crap is just that. CRAP. A sintered iron disc is more than streetable, will last longer, use less base and counterweight and shift better.

I have had good luck with a few different styles of single disc, b&b/long style clutch setups. After talking to a few of the clutch manufacturers all of them recommended a multi-disc clutch with steel floaters for a street strip application. This really surprised me. My latest disc is ceramic puck on one side and organic on the other. They said I can get it pretty hot and it would live. If you have room for the hillbilly soft locker give it a shot. Be conservative, too much slip time and it's game over.

I would think the manufacturers who said twindisc stuff didn't offer sintered iron. Multiple disc clutches have too much disc weight to shift correct at higher engine speeds. Since the OP said street and strip I figured he would be shifting it. Maybe he is clutchless.

The BB/Long style cover is a pain in the ass. You are better off spend the money up front and just doing a 10.5 Long with the correct flywheel. No sense doing it twice.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston