So when I bought my black Demon last summer I wasn't sure what was going on with the door frame paint. It wasn't gloss black like I would expect it to be. It looked like it was "rattle canned". I figured that the passenger door was replaced and they had to make the inside look uniform as it was blue. I then did some poking around on here and learned that the door frame paint could be painted TX8. Then I scrutinized the drivers door, it is gloss outside of the seal and not gloss inside of the seal all the way around. Who is going to rattle can below the door panel all the way to the seal? Who is going to take out the rear seat bottom and spray that little rectangle area just above the aluminum plate that holds the carpet down?

Ok, so this car came with TX8 door frame paint... but what color is TX8 actually? I pulled the rear door panels and the plastic is still sealed to the inside of the quarter with strip caulk. The very top overlaps the rear sail panel and when you look at the places where the strip caulk was not applied it is clearly textured black paint. Makes perfect sense now... the same suede finish that is on the dash is also applied to the doors. Maybe some of you folks already knew that?

Now for my next question, what dictated whether you got TX8 or Tx9? I thought I read somewhere on here that black with orange interior and white stripes was a Dodge suggested combo? Maybe the TX8 goes with it? Can't be that, I know of another that is gloss black inside. Maybe it is as simple as a little box you check off when you order the car? Does it have to do with some other option? Hood black out?

Any ideas?