Quote:

I'll be priming my 400 stroker soon. Also, would it be a good idea to mark the distributor in relation to the block jst to get it started. Then use a timing gun to time it correctly?

(1) turn dampener slit to TDC on the tab (#6 compression) which it will already be at if you left the timing gear dots at 6 and 12 0/clock. (2) (preoil CCW) (3) turn dampener CCW 3/4 of a turn (17.082" around the circuference with a measured strip of paper) (4) preoil CCW again (5) turn dampener CW forward 3/4 of a turn till the marks are at 15 BTDC (#6 compression). (6) clock intergear (anywhere)/install dist so rotor is under the #6 dist cap plug wire/terminal with the vac adv can in its normal BB position & maintaining the OE plug wire position is a good idea (clock the intergear to get it where you want it) & on a BB #6 may be sideways out to the pass fender but check on that (I ain't a BB guy). (7) turn housing slightly till the magnet is lined up with the tooth (rotor still under or close to under #6 plug wire terminal) and the can will shift phasing CW on a BB from its at rest position if it ain't close as is. (8) set reluctor gap at .008" (9) make a mark on the dampener 2&1/4" CW from the OE slit & have your dist guy set the timing to that when it fires (vac adv capped) for the cam breakin. (10) read "breakin secrets" at www.mototuneusa.com

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth