Quote:

Yowza!

This is why I ask these questions. Maybe the LED focal point is narrow, perhaps a "wider" focus is needed. Im guessing it needs a 270 degree sweep of light. I should look into the LED 3rd brake light but my rear window has a really dark tint to it, youmight not even see it well. I'll still switch out the center console, dome, map light and turn signals on the front. That has to help with some kind of draw....I'll get high intensity filament 1157's for the brake lights

i bought all led's 1157 for my charger, put them in the taillights on one side, then waited until it was dark, turned them on....and decided to take them back to the store!!!! i guess nothing really replaces the good old bulb!!!
after shelling out almost $100 in bulbs, i thought to myself, self.....that's a $100 in gas to go drive the car with!!!

my thoughts were just to put them in the tail lights for stop, running lights, and signals, because the most draw would be those items that are constantly being used, where as unless you drive with the dome lights on, there really is no advantage in my thoughts. but the difference between the bulb and leds in the taillights was night and day. and i remember these led's were not cheep, i tried both white and red in the taillights, and no matter what the bulb filled the taillight lenses with light much much better than the led's.
after about an hour of trying them, i just gave up and returned everything!!!!
i did find a electronic flasher that worked perfectly even with led's in all the lights (tail lights, front markers), it was about $12 at the parts store.