Quote:

These are typical examples where the restoration costs will exceed the final value. I just can't see either of these things being "desirable". But hey, whatever floats yer boat, right ?!?!?

I can take my 70 cuda, which has a 5.7 hemi conversion and tons of modern goodies to any mopar show in the country and be invisible. I love the car, it gets 25mpg and looks amazing, yet there are 50 of them at any mopar event. The rest of collection (around 15 cars), are all more oddball stuff.

The non desirable 53 dodge truck is actually a very rare right hand drive postal truck. Restored, it would be 1 of about 10 that are functional at this point in time with only 250 or so estimated to be made. I've never cared about the restoration cost vs selling cost of a car. I've never done a car with the hopes of selling it. That's why I have so many! I build these cars for me and how I want them done. I don't trailer anything, drive the fool out of these cars and it can piss some purists off sometimes.

I promise you this. If you go to a major mopar event you'll stop and look at this combo if it were done . Cars are about making people smile. If you can't smile or laugh looking at these two, then something's wrong with you!