Quote:

There is no cut in stone setting for the mixture screws,back them out a couple of turns,adjust idle speed then run the screws in until engine starts to stumble,stop and back them out 1/4 turn.If turning the screws in doesn't change idle characteristics,you have problems elsewhere.

I always back them out 1/2 to 3/4 turn out after it starts to lean misfire while turning them in.

Check that your air bleeds are clear too. Remove the A/F needle and blast some carb cleaner through there.

Check your fuel pressure and try a fresh needle and seat. They can cause all kinds of strange problems. Believe it or not, my fuel system designer warned me about Holley needle and seats. He said they are batchy these days, and I had to go through 3 or 4 of them to find one that really works well for each of these side hung carbs!

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)