Quote:

Just for some experience comments on this subject.

First I'm no trans expert, but I will tell you I've never regretted swapping to GM based transmissions, glide/400's. I have 4 cars with GM's and 1 still with a 727. When that one next needs service it'll go on the shelf and a 400 will replace it for the following reasons, many already stated.

First, parts availability

Second, converter options are LIMITLESS with a GM

Third, durability I have never seen (absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, understood)a 727 in a truly evil car. What i do see is 2 speed 400's, glides, and brunos ect used by people way more speed savvy than I will ever be. They do it for a reason, I'm sure.

Fourth, COST. Better parts for less money, with no personalities to be dealt with to acquire them. Order up, pay up, and you're done. Also 400's and glides fit in a Mopar better than a 727 (fact)

On the subject of loyalty, Should Mopar decide to pick up the trans bill for me, I'd proudly run a mopar trans. Since that burden rests solely in my hands, I'll spend my money on what best serves ME.

Best post in the thread. It was a few months back but thought it needed mentioned again.

And BG, I agree with Bigtime, if your 400 was having lots of issues, it may not have had all the right goodies. Properly done, they are virtually bullet proof. We have not hurt ours at all in a 2800lb car that runs 4.20s on radials......and radials break EVERYTHING......LOL!!!

Monte