Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i Believe listening to some of the advice in this thread could help his body stay in one piece.
727īs and to much power has a nasty habbit of destroying feets and legs.

TH400's fail too.

Anything can fail........but here is the thing. The 727 is NOT the go to 3 speed for high HP applications. If it WAS, there would be a multitude of aftermarket parts and those type trans would be common. Neither scenario is the reality. What you DO see very commonly is the Turbo 400. You see them everyday behind very high HP blown, nitrous and turbo cars. We have one that we put over 2000hp through on a weekly basis and have never had the first problem out of it. It is expensive?......you bet your a$$. We have over 10k in ours counting the converter, but it is as close to bullet proof as a trans can be. Also, LOTS of companies make these parts and they are easy to find. While there appears to be ONE person that does these type trans mods to the 727 and from posts here and on other sites.......getting hold of that company, or getting them to do anything seems to be a crap shoot. That simple fact would push me toward the more mainstream solution.

Lets also not forget the converter situation. Commonly known that the converter distance in a 727 is NOT ideal. It is too short to be able to use the needed cores for these type power levels. So you are left with a compromise converter, spacing the trans back, or a custom bell. Just another reason to go with the 400. In an application such as this.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK and if nobody else is using the 727 setup, there is a reason

Monte

This /\. I use TH400s. Not near the same HP but too many advantages to pass up. The starter is not a problem. SFI case is a big plus for OP application.

1967 Coronet, 1989 Daytona tube chassis. Former cars, 66 Charger, 67 R/T, 69 Coronet, 67 Dart GT. -Banned for life from V8Buick.com-