Quote:

Quote:

With the popularity of diesel trucks and the power they can make there are now many, many high strength billet shafts and parts for the 47rh/re and/48re transmissions. Many of these parts can be installed in a 727. If they can handle over 1000 lb/ft from these diesels in a 3 ton+ truck I can't see why they couldn't handle a 1000 hp gas engine in a car.

Sure, probably. Given enough time and money, you can likely MAKE anything work, but the question is WHY? I personally would have no desire to be the "test bed" for any type experimental trans, for the sole purpose of claiming I had a Mopar trans in my Mopar. Why people care about that is beyond me. I would rather race than be a guinea pig and there is a multitude of places you can call and have a trans that will do the job in a couple days............Plus, even if you DO manage to make the trans live, that still doesn't address the fact that no decent converter cores needed for that type power even fit in the Mopar cases.....and oh yeah, the CASE. You will still be stuck with a stock case

Monte

With that logic why even run a Mopar to start with? If it's just about racing we should all have turbo small block Fords or nitrous big block Chevies. There are so many of them out there which is why there are those parts available.

Me personally it's not about being a follow the crowd kind of thing. I like to be a little different. When I first built my Duster back in 1990 everyone told me I couldn't build a ten second 340 street car, so I had to do it just to prove to myself I could. It was expensive, time consuming and had a very steep learning curve but I did it and I'm glad I did. Of course now there are a lot more parts available to accomplish that rather easily.

I'm not knocking you Monty, you're a smart guy and I'm sure we all appreciate your input. I realize where your perspective comes from but for some of us it's not all about doing it the way everyone else does it.

"Come get your wife"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Front and rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.