Quote:

Hello all,

I've been playing around with numbers and researching for quite some time, so I figured I'd see what you all thought.

The engine in question is a low deck 470 big block stroker with a 10:1 static compression ratio and stealth aluminum heads.

With the implementation of a methanol injection system such as a Snow Performance kit that utilizes a 50/50 water methanol mixture, would 6 lbs of boost be attainable on 91 octane pump gas without detonation issues?

Assume you are adding a blower to a already built motor - 10:1CR? Also don't know where you are getting your 50/50 mix from unless it is an aftermarket mix from Snow, etc, cause windshield solvent is about 32% - and that's for winter blend. At any rate, the big variable is the pump gas #. I have seen it all over the place - and that's all over the place. So, you better cut yourself a level of margin. Are you running a blower cam - 114LSA or there abouts? To answer your question, yes, you can run 91 with injection and the timing cut way back - IMO. The question you have to ask yourself is the power gain trying to accommodate 91 octane fuel worth the cost of adding a very under utilized power adder - blower. Of coarse there is always the "WOW" factor.

Fastest 300