Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As most have seen, this is how most (if not all) replacements looked, I just wonder if there were other ways they were delivered.

I bought a bare MP Hemi block ('74 casting) from an individual in 1989. It was in a cardboard box with the Mopar parts tag on it.

I believe 1974 casting date block are the High Nickel content blocks sold by Chrysler through Direct Connection. Around 1978 Mancini Racing sold a bunch of old NOS Hemi Shorts Blocks but they were all gone by the time the Car magazine can to your house. Chrysler started to dump off all the Hemi Stuff. Do you still have the block, if so did you ever weight it.

I'd have to look in an old MP catalog but MP offered two blocks, the standard and what they called (IIRC) the 'fuel' block. That's what mine is based on the part number. I do still have the block and have never weighed it. I've just never taken the time to try to find out what is different between this block and a standard production block. Sitting next to a '66 casting there are obvious cosmetic differences in the rail area and the wedge motor mount ears but I've never gone any further.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".